WMU Women's Association (WMUWA) is aimed at establishing a network of past, current and prospective female students by expanding international networks with other organizations worldwide while planning for future growth.
To connect, educate and inspire women in the maritime industry, and to promote female maritime professionals.
To be acknowledged as an active organization with focus on improving levels of female involvement in the maritime industry through:
- Improving levels of competency through focus on education and knowledge;
- Attracting female involvement in the organization; and
- Promoting female involvement in the World Maritime University.
Our goals include:
- Establishing a scholarship fund to sponsor at least one female to attend the World Maritime University per year;
- Establishing global female networks in the maritime industry;
- Hosting and/or participating in Women's Leadership Conferences worldwide;
- Promoting female empowerment in schools and companies internationally; and
- Promoting female involvement in the various sectors of the maritime industry.